Wednesday, February 4, 2015

January Favorites!


Assalamu wa Alaykum/Hi,

It's been a while! I'm in my second week of my last semester in college. I can't wait to graduate! My mind is not for school work anymore. Anyway, this post is going to be my January Favorites. I'm only included things I haven't talked about in a previous favorites post/video. So, this post isn't going to be a long one.



1. Bobbi Brown Bronze Glow Highlighter
Okay, I lied. This highlighter was in my last favorites video on my channel. I love it that much. Everyone, on YouTube especially, raves about it. It's more gold than bronze on my skin tone. But, it's still beautiful.



2. MAC Conceal and Correct Palette in Medium/Deep
I've been using the Burnt Orange shade in this palette the most to conceal the darkness under my eyes and around my mouth. I mix NC 40 and NC 42, the two top concealers to conceal and highlight under my eyes.


3. Tarte Tartelette Palette
If you watch my latest tutorials you would know of my love for this palette. It's my first completely matte palette and I love shimmer. It's also my first Tarte palette. The shadows don't seem to swatch nicely but they apply well. I did a separate review video with swatches on my channel. That video should be in the video player on the right side of my blog. If it's not there already it will be there soon.


4. NARS Audacious Lipstick in Kelly
All the hype surrounding the NARS lipsticks made me want to get one bad. I picked this one up at the NARS boutique on Madison avenue. I was going to get a more natural color but my friend convinced to get something bright for spring. I guess when the makeup artist that was helping us heard spring she went all out because this color is so bright. It's not even the first one she tried on me! That one was even brighter! When I saw this on my first reaction was to take it off right away. But, that had more to do with me than the lipstick. However the more I looked at myself with it on, the more I came to like it.

This shade is exclusive to NARS boutiques. (and possibly Barney's? I'm not 100 percent sure.) That makes it even more special to me because it can't be found everywhere. It's a bright pink/coral color. I wore this lipstick in my December Ipsy video. The formula of these lipsticks are amazing! It's so creamy! I intend to get more very soon



5. Laura Mercier Invisible Loose Setting Powder
I received this powder in one of my previous Ipsy bags. I use this powder to set my under eye concealer/highlight and anywhere else that I've cream highlighted, such as the bridge of my nose, my forehead, and my cupids bow. Although it's invisible it brightens my under eye in a way that doesn't look unnatural.


6. L'oreal True Match Foundation in W8
I don't have that many drugstore foundations for winter. Most of the ones I have are for my summer shade. So, I decided to pick this one up and I'm so glad that I did. Since the weather is much colder and dryer now, my skin has gotten significantly dryer. This foundation isn't completely matte. It has more luminosity to it than say my BECCA Ultimate Coverage Creme foundation which I also love. I prefer to apply this foundation with my Urban Decay Optical Blurring Brush and it's perfect for every day. The coverage is medium and that's perfect for every day. However, I usually don't use it when I'm filming. My camera shows everything which is a good and a bad thing.


7. ELF Complete Coverage Concealer Palette
I bought this concealer palette mainly to cream contour with. It also has a shade that is perfect for me to spot conceal imperfections with. The concealers are creamy and pigmented. For only $3 that is a steal!

So, That's it.

What have you been loving in the month of January?

Until Next Time,

Aleema :)




No comments:

Post a Comment