Saturday, October 1, 2011

September Favorites

 Assalam Wa Alaikum/ Hi,

So, I'm on day 3 of a 4 day break and it's raining outside. I decided to do a favorites post to ward off boredom. This post will be about things that I really like and a review on things I've bought recently.
1) Urban Decay Naked Palette:
I absolutely love the Naked Palette. I've had it for a couple months now. I've kept the packaging because I don't have anywhere to put it without it getting messed up.
You can't really see how pretty the colors are in this picture.
This isn't much of a help either. I'll write out the name of the colors from right to left (top row then bottom)
Colors: Virgin, Naked, Buck, Smog, Toasted, Creep, Sin, Sidecar, Half baked, Darkhorse, Hustle, Gunmetal
Also, the one I have comes with a sample primer potion and a brush not 2 eyeliners.

2)Urban Decay Primer Potion:
I just bought the original one a couple days ago. But, I already know I love it because of the sample I got with the Naked Palette. The other one is in the color Sin. I usually wear that one alone because I rarely have a reason to layer it under and eyeshadow. I'm actually wearing it in these pictures I believe.

3)Stila lipglaze tri-cool:
Sorry it seems that the camera on my laptop turn the picture backwards. Anyway, these are the cool colors. They also have warm, I think. They should. I got this because I don't really have many lipglosses.  The colors are grapefruit, seashell, and raisin. (right to left I think.) However, I must say that these are the mini version. I didn't know that when I bought it. I don't regret buying it because Stila was doing online sale called Friends and Family, I believe, and they took 2 dollars off the original price and there was no shipping or tax. So, I paid a little over 9 dollars for it and the original price was 12. I pretty much like the colors and they come on nicely. But, it's not a lipgloss it's a lipglaze so it's not as slick.

4) Clinique Acne Solutions kit:
It's a three step skincare routine. Sorry for the glare. The first one(right to left) is the cleansing foam, the second is the clarifying lotion except it's more like a toner, the third is the clearing moisturizer. It also comes with spot healing gel. My skin is ver prone to acne. I don't know if you noticed in any of my pictures, you probably have, but I breakout a lot. I've always been on this constant quest to find something to get it to stop. So far Acne Solutions have been working for me. I'm not saying I don't breakout any more, but it's less. However, it also has this drying effect. I don't have dry skin. Quite the opposite actually but somehow it manages to dry my skin, usually around my mouth. So, I end up using another moisturizer. But, I think it's good. It comes with a bag.
That's the bag. One last thing...the size. The sizes for these are

1.7 oz Acne Solutions Clearing Moisturizer Oil-Free
- 1.7 oz Acne Solutions Cleansing Foam
- 0.5 oz Acne Solutions Spot Healing Gel
- 3.4 oz Acne Solutions Clarifying Lotion (Got info from Sephora).

I didn't pay attention to this when I bought it online. Yeah I really need to start paying attention to the things I buy.So, it was smaller than I expected, but I've had for at least 2 weeks and I still have a way to go. I'll probably by the regular sized ones next time.

5) 2 Samples from Sephora
-Coralista blush  & It's potent eye cream from Benefit

I got these two samples from my last trip to Sephora a couple days ago.
Coralista blush:
I so badly wanted to like this blush. Especially since I used my 100 pts to get it. I was happy with it when I first opened it. It was a pretty color and it smelled really nice. However, when I put it on I found out that it was too light for me. I couldn't see it and when I tried to build it up I was rewarded with this metallic sheen on my cheeks. I'll probably check out their blushes in a darker color...maybe. I usually don't wear blush.
It's potent eye cream:
They just gave me this eye cream. It was random but I didn't mind. I use it at night because I don't want it to mess with my primer if I wear eyeshadow. The little pot it came is adorable. I'm not sure if it's working because I've been using it for two days now. However, it does help with the dryness that happens around my eyes as a result of Clinique Acne Solutions.

6) Victoria's Secret Smooth FX Lip scrub & Balm:

I am a love of Victoria's Secret and this balm did not make that love wane :). This a lip scrub and balm in one. The scrub is on the bottom and it's made of sugar and the balm is the purple thing on top. It has a minty feeling to it. You could put lip gloss or lipstick on after the balm or just wear it alone.

7) Mia Hijabs
I recently bought two hijabs online from miahijabs.com. One was in one of my previous outfit of the days I think maybe 8 or 9 I'm not sure. So here they are:


The one on top was in one of my outfit of the day posts. For the one on the bottom, I have pictures but I have to post them. Will do...promise. Okay, the first one is mostly made of polyester so it very silky. Also, its very stretchy. I don't know if you can tell in the photo, but in the middle it looks like when you pull a string out one of your hijabs and that part gathers, it has that gathered effect but its stretches when you pull it. The second one is made of a jersey material. I love the accessories on the end! Just be careful how you style it. Put it too high and you will be constantly be getting hit in the head. One last thing the accessories are made of plastic so it doesn't hurt that much. :) So that's it. This took me all day. Hope people appreciate it. Comment...Subscribe please...
                                        Until Next Time

2 comments:

  1. really liking your blog .. hope you come back soon a blog some more

    http://fashionablemuslimahstories.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I like yours too and your sense of style. :)

      Delete