Sunday, February 17, 2013

Movie Review- Beautiful Creatures

Assalam Wa Alaykum/ Hi,
I'm doing something new this time. A movie review. The idea just came to me and I'm running with it. So, the movie I'm reviewing is Beautiful Creatures. This movie came out Thursday. I went to see it on Friday. Many people, including friends of mine, went to see this movie with the intention of comparing it to the Twilight saga.
Why?
I don't know. I've watched the Twilight movies and read the books. I'm not as critical of them as many people are. They're whatever. I will definitely say that the movies got better as they progressed and with the director change of course.
Anyway, I'm going to copy and paste the overview of Beautiful Creatures that way I don't run the risk of doing a spoiler.

Ethan longs to escape his small Southern town. He meets a mysterious new girl, Lena. Together, they uncover dark secrets about their respective families, their history and their town. 

Of course you get a bit more than that from the trailers but that was what  I found on imdb.com.
The movie was nice. The main characters were very witty with their humor. It wasn't like Twilight at all except for the fact that there was a love interest and most movies have that. I wouldn't say that it has become my new all time favorite movie but I may purchase the DVD when it comes out. I would probably rate this movie an 8 out of 10. I will say that there's a lot of kissing and making out. It is rated PG-13 I believe and I do have friends who don't always appreciate that so I thought I would just let you know. That's it. I hope this helps with your movie selection. If you have seen this movie, What did you think?
Until Next Time
Aleema :)

No comments:

Post a Comment