Tuesday, March 26, 2013

The Glinda Palette

Assalam wa Alaykum/ Hi,
So, I couldn't help myself and I splurged on the Glinda palette from Urban Decay.

 This palette costs $49. A bit on the expensive side but I did say that I splurged.
This palette is based off of Glinda's makeup look. At first I was leaning toward buying the Theodora palette because it is darker but I already have similar colors to the one in that palette.
The outside of the palette looks the same as the box. I love these colors. Tornado, Aura, Magic, Illusion, Oz, and South. It goes from left to right starting with the top row. It comes with a 24/7 pencil in the color Rockstar. I already have that pencil in the full size. It also comes with a super-saturated high-gloss lip color in the color Glinda. I forgot to take a picture of it but you can see it in the picture of the back of the box.
It also comes with a look card.
This card tells you how to get Glinda's look. I tried it out.
I'm (obviously) much darker than the Michelle Williams, who plays Glinda. So, the colors didn't show up as noticeably on me. The look isn't supposed to be ostentatious. It seems like it suppose to be more natural looking.


I didn't have the best lighting. I believe my roommate was sleeping when I took this picture and I didn't want to wake her. So, I want to do a compilation of looks I come up with using this palette.
So, that's it for the palette.
But, I just wanted to comment on a YouTube personality that I've stumbled upon. (pun!) Her username is IISuperwomanII. She's absolutely hilarious. Her 'Why I can't get married pt.2' video had my mother and me laughing so hard. I can relate to most of the topics that she touches on in her videos.


Anyway, check it out and let me know what you think.



 Until Next Time
Aleema :)



No comments:

Post a Comment