Wednesday, May 29, 2013

To Clarisonic or not to Clarisonic?

Assalam wa Alaykum/ Hi,

So, lately my acne has been on and off and I've been trying to find a product or combination of products to make it go away. I was on YouTube when I came across the Clarisonic. I've heard of it and seen it before. But, I kind of forgot about it. I watched people's review on it and the majority of them all says it works. It deep cleans your face very well. However, there is a purge phase for the first few months when your skin is still adjusting to such deep cleaning and you break out a bit more.

The only thing holding me back from getting it is the price tag. There are 4 Clarisonic cleansing systems that you can purchase.  The Mia, Mia 2, Aria, and the Plus. I've researched all of them individually.  If  I look at it price wise I would want the Mia for $119. Then, the Mia 2 looks nice as well because it has more than one speed and that might be nice to have. But, it is $149. Is that second setting worth $30 extra? The Mia and Mia 2 are both good for traveling which I tend to do a lot of now, since I'm in college. Their  charger aren't bulky at all and it's magnetic. You just attach it to the bottom of the Mia and the it charges it. The next one is the Aria. The Aria has 3 speeds and comes with a magnetic charger as well. It also comes with a drying stand. Useful but that is just another accessory to take up space for me. The Aria costs $199. Now, it's starting to get steep. I don't think I'll really need 3 speeds. The last but certainly not the least is the Plus. The Plus has 3 speeds like the Aria. It comes with a charging cradle. Which is a bit bulky but is better than having a charger and a drying stand. It also comes with a body brush head. That makes it the most appealing for me because only the Plus has this. The other models are too small for it. I break out on my shoulders and back as well so getting the body brush head would really benefit me. You could also buy a brush extension handle to help you reach your back better. That is $25 extra. The Plus is $225.

I love that come in different colors. The Mia and Mia 2 have the most colors and the Aria has the least. Maybe because  that is the newest one to come out. Also, the have an acne brush head. So, it's more gentle for the acne that you may have. All the brush head except for the body brush head work for all of the models. So if you have the Clarisonic, what do you suggest? If you don't, would you buy it?
Until Next Time
Aleema :)

No comments:

Post a Comment