Monday, June 16, 2014

Review: Dior Addict Fluid Stick

Assalamu wa Alaykum/ Hi,

It seems that I'm becoming a Lippy addict. I went from having like 5 lip products to at least 30. (I haven't counted them.) When I saw the Dior addict fluid sticks my interest was immediately piqued. However, the retail price of $35 kept me from placing an order right away.


I did see that Sephora.com had samples that were available as apart of the 3 samples you are allowed with an order. So I decided try those out.




The sample has 4 different shades in it and it came with an applicator that's in the actual product. It came with 338 Mirage, 551 Aventure, 575 Wonderland, and 754 Pandore. There are 17 shades in total in the line.

 Mirage is a ligtht apricot color. On me it's a peachy nudish color. Aventure is an orange color with a red undertone. Wonderland is a fuchsia red. Pandore is a corally pinkish red.
 With flash:
Without flash:


I bought the shade 754 Pandore. It was my favorite out of the four shades in the sample. But, I like the other 3 shades as well and I probably may end up buying more of these.


The packaging of this product reminds me of the Maybelline Color Elixers. It has the shape of a lipstick in the clear plastic packaging with 'Dior' carved in the side. It also has the signature Dior Addict round top. It has a sponge tip applicator. The only con I found with this packaging is that when I store it to lie down some of the product seems to run into the cap. So, I store it standing up with my makeup brushes for the time being.


I find the consistency of this product to be a little strange. When it's first applied it's very wet. I do not recommend rubbing your lips to work the product in and blend it out. The product will stick and bunch on certain parts of your lips. You should use the applicator to work the product into your lips. Its very pigmented and glossy.

On Dior's website it says that the fluid stick formula is made with water not wax. It's not lipstick or a lip gloss but a hybrid of the two. So if you layer lipsticks with a gloss, it will knock out that second step.

The staying power of this product depends on how frequently you eat of course. It can last anywhere between 4 to 6 hours. It does have a light smell that lasts until it's no longer on your lips.

 I'm wearing the fluid stick in the picture above.

Bottom line: I really like the fluid sticks and plan on getting more. The only problem I have is which shade.

So, That's it.
What colors do you have or are interested in buying?
Until Next Time,
Aleema

No comments:

Post a Comment