Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Review: Maybelline Master Hi-Light Hi-lighting Blush in Natural & Coral

Assalamu wa Alaykum/ Hi,

Eid Mubarak to everyone that is celebrating it! This post is going up a day later than my normal Monday schedule because of Eid.

Today I'm going to be reviewing two of Maybelline's Hi-lighting Blushes. I noticed that I have been doing a lot of posts on higher-end makeup. So, I decided to throw a drugstore one into the mix.



The first blush that I bought was in the shade 01 Natural. I shouldn't even call these blushes because  they imparted no color on me, especially the one in the shade Natural. These products have a mosaic design and you swirl your brush in it to get the highlight. It's not really possible to use some colors in the mosaic and not others. Unless you're using it for eyeshadow with a small shader brush and I don't really recommend these for eyeshadow.



From the research that I did I found out that these particular shade was part of a limited edition collection. There were only two on the display so I felt special. Until I took it home and swatched it.



This is every oily skinned person's worst nightmare when it comes to highlighters. The sparkle that was on the back of my hand after I swatched made me want to go back and return it right away! But, I decided to keep it and try it on my face.

Before I tried it on my face, I kept swatching it. Hoping the outcome would change. When I did swatch it on my face, the sparkle accentuated my pores. So, I exchanged it the next day for the shade 30 Coral. (I love Rite Aid's return policy!)


This one has a little sparkle but it's more of a sheen and that's what I look for in a highlighter. On people much fairer than me this could be a blush. It does give some color on me but not much so I probably will keep it on the high points of my cheeks.



When I apply it to my face it doesn't bring attention to my pores like the other one did. So, I think it depends on the shade.


I give the one in 30 Coral a thumbs up and the one in 01 Natural a thumbs down.

So, That's it.

Until Next Time,

Aleema :)

No comments:

Post a Comment