Monday, July 21, 2014

Silver Sun Inspired Makeup Look

Assalamu wa Alaykum/ Hi,

When the Alluring Aquatic collection came out I told myself I would only buy things I don't have and would use. I bought the mineralized eyeshadow in Silver Sun because it was so unique. I've never seen anything like before. That fulfilled one part of my requirement. Now, I had to use it which I found wasn't happening. So, I did this make up look around that eyeshadow. I used my Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette.
This the final look:



Here are the products used:


Here are the steps:

In case you lost the insert with the names on it like I did I've put numbers that correspond to the steps that the colors are used in.

1) Prime face and eyelids with respective primers. I used my Urban Decay Primer Potion on my eyes and the Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer on my face.

2) Blend Salted Caramel into the crease and upward slightly towards the browbone. I used this color as my transition color.

3) Blend Semi Sweet into the crease. Concentrate the color in the socket.

4) Spray an eyeshadow brush with water or fix plus. I ended up using my Urban Decay De-Slick setting spray. I don't have fix plus and it was the closest thing to me.

5) Place Silver Sun on the lid. Keep it below the crease. Keep applying until you get the desired color payoff.

6) Blend Triple Fudge into the outer 'v' of the eyelid.

7) Place Gilded Ganache on the outer 1/3 of the eyelid.

8) Blend Haute Chocolate into the crease. Bring it down slightly to blend with Silver Sun.

9) Apply White Chocolate to the brow bone.

10) Apply your foundation. I used my Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation in the shade Sandalwood.

11) Apply your concealer under your and you face if necessary. I used my NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Caramel under my eyes, on the bridge of my nose, and on my forehead. I took any left over product on the brush I used to blend out the concealer and applied it my cupids bow and my chin.

12) Apply Silver Sun on the inner half of the bottom lash line closest to the tear duct.

12) Apply Gilded Ganache on the other half of the bottom lash line.

14) Place Creme Brulee on the inner part of the eye near the tear duct.

15) Apply mascara. I applied Tarte's Light Camera Lashes first and applied Too Faced's Better Than Sex over it.

16) Apply a peachy/ coral blush. I used NYX cream blush in Orange. It comes off as a peachy color on my skin tone.

17)Apply a highlighter  if you want. I used Maybelline's highlighting blush in Coral.

18) Apply a mattifying powder. I used Hard Candy's Welcome Matte powder.

19) Apply you lip product of choice. I used Milani's lip gloss in Coral. It came off looking clear on me. I Also could have use Revlon's lip butter in Tutti Frutti or Dior Addict Fluid Stick in Pandore.

20) Set your make up with a setting spray.



I changed my hijab to show that is still a neutral look. Only a little more darker and smokier. I would wear this out in the daytime if I felt like. However, that's me. I've worn blue eyeshadow out because I felt like it so... Please ignore my eyebrow they look horrendous.



I will honestly say there are some steps that I would switch around. But, because I was freestyling and that's the order I went in to makes things work.
So, that's it!
What do you think? Would you like to see more looks with this eyeshadow?

Until Next Time,

Aleema :)

No comments:

Post a Comment