Friday, May 23, 2014

Haul: MAC Alluring Aquatic Collection

Assalamu wa Alaykum/ Hi,

I remember seeing pictures of this collection when it came out in Europe. I took one look at the packaging and new I had to get something from this collection. However, I wanted to make sure to get something I would like and use. So, I looked up the collection. There were a couple blog posts and videos about it. Many of them were in different languages and that wasn't helpful. I did manage to get a little more information from promotional posts on blogs like temptalia.


I bought a mineralized eyeshadow in Silver Sun and two lipsticks in Mystical and Goddess of the Sea. I  placed this order a week ago as soon as the collection came out.



Silver Sun seems to be the underrated eyeshadow out of the entire collection. When I passed by the MAC store today it was the only shadow still in stock. But it's beautiful and unlike any color that I have.


On the MAC website it's described as a midtone dirty seafoam green. Although all of the other shadows are out of stock, this one is listed as coming soon. So, it might be restocked?

Mystical is described as midtone creamy rose, and goddess of the sea is described as a dark vibrant violet. They're both cremesheens and are very moisturizing. Mystical is an everyday color and goddess of the sea is a muted plumy color. So, it isn't as bold as MAC's Rebel.

Nothing else really caught my attention. So, I passed on everything else. I'm very pleased with all of my purchases. Did you pick up anything from this collection?

Until Next Time,
Aleema :)

No comments:

Post a Comment