Thursday, May 29, 2014

May Favorites!

Asslamu wa Alaykum/ Hi,

I'm hoping I get this out at a relatively decent time. I missed a few of these but I didn't really have any new favorites to put up. So, here's May's list:




1) Too Faced's Better than Sex mascara

I got a sample of this mascara in Sephora's Lash Stash to go. I plan to review all five of the mascaras I received in that set separately. This one will be the first. I will probably review it in my next blog post. Sneak peak: I love it. Obviously, it is in my favorites.

2) Urban Decay's Naked 3 palette*

My love for this palette has yet to fade. I'm not go talk about it much more detail. But, you can read my review on it here.

3) Too Faced's Chocolate Bar palette*

I've worn these two palettes non-stop since I bought them. You can read my review on this palette here.

4) Beauty Blender

I probably won't review this one but it is a definite favorite! It's worth the $20. It has become my preferred way blending out my tinted moisturizer, my foundation, and my concealer. It gives a very natural look. I remember the first time I used it with my Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer. A few hours later I thought that my face was getting oily but it wasn't. It was just the finish that I got with the beauty blender. Don't take that the wrong way! I didn't mean it negatively but it gave me a natural glow. It looked very much like my skin...just a better version.

5) Mac lipstick in Flat Out Fabulous

This was a wonderful find! One of the makeup artists at the MAC counter in Macy's suggested this color to me because I wanted a pink but nothing too bright and nothing that I already have. She showed me this and when I tried it on I knew I was buying it. It's a beautiful bright fuchsia perfect for spring and summer. The only thing I don't like about this lipstick is that at times it can make your teeth look a little yellow.

This a picture of me with it on:


6) Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer*

This is another favorite that I did a review on and you can read it here.
I've worn this tinted moisturizer most days when I don't want to go with full foundation.

7)NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer*

Clearly, once I find something I like I'm all about it. This concealer is just beautiful. Yes, I am raving. You can read my review on this concealer here.

8) Real Techniques Powder Brush

I was desperately in need of a new powder brush and have been eyeing the Real Techniques line for the longest. Finally, I was able to pick it up at a local drugstore near my university at a discount. I'm glad I bought it. It does what it needs to do. It's so soft and fluffy. The bottom of the handle is flat so it can stand by itself. It was little over $6 but I got a dollar off so around $5.

So, That's it.
Are any of these your favorites? What have you been loving this past month?
Until Next Time,
Aleema :)

No comments:

Post a Comment