Thursday, June 5, 2014

Review: Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara

Assalamu wa Alaykum/ Hi,

I thought that I've already found the mascara for me. It did everything I wanted and needed it to. That mascara was Benefit's They're Real mascara. It made my already somewhat long lashes longer without any pesky fibers that I despise.

I've heard the hype surrounding the Better than Sex mascara. I mean, it's hard not to. The name alone catches you're attention. However, I try not to follow the hype too much. It seems almost like fate when I saw the Lash Stash to go box set for $25 online at Sephora.


Five mini mascaras and a voucher for full size for $25? That's a steal! I was kind of hoping that I wouldn't like this mascara. I was already happy with my favorite and mascaras at Sephora can really go up in price.

The voucher comes in a sleeve and on the back you can choose which mascara you would like a full size of and there's a barcode that has to be scanned in store.



Although you can buy this box set in online at Sephora.com, you cannot redeem the voucher online.
Each mascara comes with some sort of description.  For this mascara the description is:

separates, coats and curls to voluptuous perfection.





This mascara retails for $23. It's up there with Benefit's They're Real mascara. I'll be comparing them a lot in this post because I feel like these two mascaras are competing with one another.

This the description on Too Faced's website: Take home our Better Than Sex mascara and all your desires for lush, incredibly intense lashes will be fulfilled. One application of our collagen-fueled formula and touch of our specially shaped brush will leave you begging for more. One coat and lashes are full, defined and stretched to unbelievable lengths. Two coats and they’re reaching unbelievable heights of drama. Three coats and you’ll believe in magic.
More claims:
  • Film-forming Polymer for smudge-proof, all day wear
  • Acacia Senegal Tree Extract to nourish, thicken and lock curl in place
  • Unique Peptides for the deepest, intense black possible
  • 1,944% more volume
  • 100% saw longer lashes
  • 100% saw dramatic volume
  • 93% saw base-to-tip curl
  • 8 out of 10 say it’s the best mascara they’ve ever used
  • 3.4 out of 10 say great lashes are better than sex
  • 3.1 out of 10 agree that this mascara is so good, it’s better than sex
  • Vegan Friendly 
It was love at first swipe. After my first application I literally stared and said "wow." For the second and third bullet points I didn't notice a change in my actual lashes as far as their condition goes. 
This mascara is volumizing. Not too volumizing though so it's not clumpy. However, it has the potential to be. If that makes sense. You should be careful with it. When you pull the wand out of the tube a bit of product collects on the end. As for the curl, I cannot really speak on that. My eyelashes have a natural curl. This mascara is one of the best I've ever used. It's in my top 3. It's definitely giving the They're Real mascara a run for it's money. For the last two claims, I'm pretty sure they put them there for giggles. I can't really attest to those claims. :)

In the picture on the right I'm wearing Benefit's They're Real mascara and on the left I'm wearing the Better than Sex mascara. My lashes are so much more visible on the left.

The wand has been described as a hourglass shape. It's fuller at each end and thinner in the middle. I don't know how that affects the application but I am a firm believer that a wand makes 75% of a mascara.

Bottom line: I love this mascara. If you're contemplating it you should definitely try out the sample size. I still love my They're Real mascara. They're going to have to duke it out for my #1 choice.

Also, yesterday Too Faced sent out this video which I knew was coming but is still funny nonetheless.

So, That's it.
Have tried this mascara? Will you?

Until Next Time,
Aleema :)

No comments:

Post a Comment