Friday, April 25, 2014

Review: Urban Decay's Naked 3 palette

Assalamu wa Alaykum/ Hi,

I wasn't sure whether or not to do this blog post. I mean who hasn't heard about the Naked 3 palette by now? But, when I was looking up makeup looks for inspiration I didn't see many looks or swatches on women of a darker complexion. For anyone that does want my opinion of this palette I'll include that as well.

When I went to Sephora I didn't go for this palette. Despite the fact that I was obsessing over it before it even came out. I was going to buy Too Faced's Chocolate Bar Palette that has been in my face since it came out. I swatched it and my friends and I weren't that impressed. So, I decided to end my suffering and just get the Naked 3. I bought it during Sephora's 20 percent off sale. I still might buy the Chocolate Bar Palette. It's been on my mind a lot lately.

I was apprehensive about buying this product because I watched reviews and a lot of people weren't that happy with some of the shadows' quality. So, I thought maybe if I waited a while UD might reformulate them. But, I've been having dreams about this palette, that's how bad my obsession was!

This what the packaging looks like. It reflects the rose gold theme.The palette is in a hard tin packaging, the same as the Naked 2.The packaging design is very beautiful.

So, this palette like the previous Naked palettes comes with 12 eyeshadows. Out of which 3 are matte. The rest are either glittery, shimmery, or satin. I know some people would prefer more mattes. I don't particularly mind either way. I like shimmer.


The palette also comes with a dual ended brush. I'm not a fan of the brush. Not because it doesn't perform well, but because storing, cleaning, and drying it becomes a pain. I prefer to turn my brushes upside down to dry. My lighting washed out the writing on the brush.
Close ups:



There is good range of shadows with regard to color.They are very pigmented.
The only shade I would complain about is Dust. Everyone complains about this color because although it is very beautiful, it is very hard to work with. It has a lot of glitter and gives a lot of fallout.

Here are the swatches:

Close ups:




*I realized that I didn't swatch 'Limit' and added it in later.
My most used colors of this palette are: Buzz, Trick, Liar, Factory,Mugshot, Nooner, and Strange

My least used colors are: Dust, Limit Burnout, Darkside, and Blackheart. I don't use Blackheart all that much because its very dark and intense, and on a regular I'm just attending classes. I don't know why I don't use Darkside and Burnout more. I'm going to make an effort to. I don't use limit that much because it seems kind of light to me. I don't use Dust because it requires a lot of work. It's very beautiful once it's on though. I'm going to try applying it wet.

Here is a comparison photo between the Naked 1 and the Naked 3:


Naked 3 is on top and Naked 1 is on the bottom. The only similarity is the color 'Toasted' in the Naked 1 palette looks like it could go in the Naked 3 palette. 
Here is the look recently created with the Naked 3 palette:


As you can see the shadows are very subtle but still very beautiful. I normally would wear this over a base such as the Maybelline Color Tattoo in the color 'Inked Pink.' I used the color 'Sin' from the Naked 1 palette in my inner tearducts. I used 'Trick' on the inner third of my eyelid and 'Buzz' on the outer third. Lastly, I used 'Factory' in the crease.

Final thoughts: I love this palette! However the Naked 1 will always be my favorite. It's more versatile. For me anyway. If you're liking the colors and are thinking of picking it up go for it!

What are your thoughts on this Palette?

Until Next Time
Aleema :)

No comments:

Post a Comment