Thursday, March 27, 2014

Review: Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer

Hi/ Assalamu wa Alaykum,

It's been a while. This semester is so draining. So, I didn't really buy/ wear a lot of makeup. Plus my skin was acting up. Now, I'm starting to get back into the swing of things again.

So, I've seen the hype surrounding the Laura Mercier foundations and tinted moisturizer. I decided to see if it was worth it. I chose the tinted moisturizer because the weather is going to be getting much warmer soon ( or so they say!) and I want something lighter than a normal liquid foundation.

I purchased the tinted moisturizer that is oil free and has a broad spectrum of spf 20. I bought this from Sephora for a whopping $43! Which is really expensive!

This is what the packaging looks like. I didn't take a picture of the back but there is a strip that shows you what the foundation color is supposed to look like and the name. Mine is in the color Walnut.

Here is a swatch:


The claims:

What it is: A perfect blend of skincare and makeup that helps control oil breakthrough and gives skin a sheer hint of colour for a healthy, natural glow..
What it is formulated to do: Laura Mercier created this product to give skin a healthy ‘no-makeup’ look with a soft hint of colour that evens and enhances without hiding the skin. This oil-free lightweight formula provides ideal protection from the sun’s harmful, damaging rays with broad spectrum SPF 20 UVB/UVA sunscreen. Perfect for all skin types, especially sensitive or oily skin.
This product has light to medium coverage. It evens out the skin nicely.You can layer it for more coverage. I wouldn't advise doing more than two layers. Otherwise it will be noticeable and defeat the purpose of a tinted moisturizer. 

I can't say whether or not this helps control oil. Normally, my skin is really oily, but ever since I returned from Dubai my skin has become so dry. It's getting back to normal though. So, when I was wearing this yesterday I did see myself get a little shiny about 4 hours after I applied it.

I've heard that the oil free version is more watery than the normal version. I don't know if that makes a difference with regard to coverage. 



Here is what it looks like on:

You can still see my skin showing through. So, it does give a very natural finish.


So far I've been pleased with it. It matches me well and blends in nicely. Would I repurchase it? Hmm, I'm leaning more towards a no on that one. Before I bought this product I made my own tinted moisturizers by mixing a foundation and a moisturizer in my hands and then applying it to my face. I recommend doing that. If you prefer to buy one and don't mind paying $43, then go for it. I am, however, interested in trying there foundations now.

Have you tried this tinted moisturizer before? What did you think?

P.S. I've been thinking of starting a schedule. Perhaps a review every Thursday that way I have a post up at least once a week. I'm not sure yet.
Until Next Time
Aleema :)

No comments:

Post a Comment