Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Movie Review: The Incredible Burt Wonderstone


http://joeltalksmovies.bangordailynews.com/files/2013/03/Burt-Wonderstone.jpg

Assalam wa Alaykum/ Hi,

Another movie review! This wasn't the movie I was supposed to see when I made the post for The Oz movie. Buuut, plans changed and I ended up seeing this movie with my friend. So, I'll get to it:

When a street magician's stunt begins to make their show look stale, superstar magicians Burt Wonderstone and Anton Marvelton look to salvage their act - and their friendship - by staging their own daring stunt.
Like before I got this summary from imdb.com. So, I'm going to admit that I didn't pay much attention to this movie until my friend suggested we watch it. At first glance I didn't want to. Can you blame me? Maybe you can. I don't know. I know you're not supposed to judge a book by its cover or a movie by its poster in this case. But, this movie looked stupid at first glance. I expected it to be one of those comedies that had plenty of stupid parts and raunchy instances. I'm not one to knock movies. But, I was in the mood for a different type of movie. Anyway, this movie was good. I greatly disliked Jim Carrey in this movie but that was because he was the antagonist. Steve Carell looked very orange for some reason. Or maybe that was just me? I was introduced to a song in the movie and now it's my new song obsession. It's On Top Of the World by Imagine Dragons.So, if you're in the mood for a light movie that can be slightly disgusting at times go for it.
On a side note: Going to the movies made me remember why I usually don't go to the movies when I am home. This movie costs $14. 14 flippin...! I'm a poor college student! I can't afford 14 dollar movies! At school movies are like 6 or 7 dollars. Compared that to 14. Can you understand my shock? Like why? Anyway, that's it.
Until Next Time
Aleema :)

No comments:

Post a Comment