So, it's supposed to be raining for the next week and usually when it rains I prefer to stay home. I also prefer not to wear makeup. Unfortunately, there are times when I have to do both. So, when I do have to venture out on a rainy day and and wear makeup I follow a few guidelines I've set. Now, these guidelines are my personal preferences. They aren't rules that everyone has to follow.
1) Foundation: I prefer not to wear foundation because then I run into the problem of trying to keep the rain of my face. But if it becomes necessary, try to wear a foundation that doesn't run when it gets wet. Urban Decay's Naked foundation would be a good choice in this regard.
2) Eyeshadow: A minimal amount is the best way to go. I try not to wear bold colors when it is raining and go for a more natural look. An example would be to use Urban Decay's primer potion in 'Sin' all over the eyelid up to the brow bone and then to use 'Smog' from the Naked palette in the crease and at the bottom lash line. I found this look on the Urban Decay website while browsing and it is a very natural bronze look.
3) Mascara: Best way to go would be waterproof. Obviously.
4) Lip Products: I don't really think there is any problem wearing lipstick or lipgloss. That being said, I'm not really a lip product person. Your lipstick may fade faster if it gets wet. But, that's a given.
5) Set: Remember to set your makeup. It will help it last longer.
These are my five guidelines to wearing makeup in the rain.
Side note: Don't forget an umbrella it will also preserve your makeup along with the rest of you.
So, that's it.
Until Next Time