Monday, July 8, 2013

Benefit's Fakeup Crease-Control Hydrating Concealer

Assalamu wa Alaykum/ Hi,

So, another Benefit review. I told you I'm currently obsessed. They recently came out with this concealer. I wasn't going to go for it at first because I don't normally wear concealer but I got a sample with my 'They're Real' mascara order from Benefit online. It's called the 'Fake Up' and it is a "crease control hydrating concealer."


This the box that it comes in. It also comes with a little pamphlet telling you how to use the concealer.

This is the packaging of the actual product. It looks like a lipstick. The design on the outside is very cute.


I got it in the darkest shade: 03 deep. This color is nowhere near being 'deep.' There are only three shades This is a problem that not only benefit should work on but many other makeup brands especially drugstore ones. However, Benefit's foundation 'Hello Flawless' has a decent range of shade but could also go a little darker.

I was very skeptical about this color matching when I got the sample but I said 'why not' and gave it a chance. This product really surprised me.  The color matched me very well. The product was very smooth and...soft. I can't think of a different word for it. Wait yes I can. Creamy. It was creamy. It went on nicely and blended well. Since we are having heatwaves back to back I did set t with powder and it stayed in place for the whole day.

In the picture on the left I'm not wearing anything on my face. In the picture on the right I'm wearing the Fake Up concealer. Under my eye isn't as dark and red after I put on the concealer.

On the packaging it says that: The crease-control hydrating concealer- with Vitamin E and apple seed extract- hides dark circles and diffuses fine lines for a silky smooth, ultra natural look. Fakeup never settles and neither should you.
This concealer pretty much does all that it claims to do. 
I didn't plan on buying this from Sephora when I made my trip there. I was looking for Benefit's 'Stay Flawless' primer that very recently came out, but the Sephora I went to didn't have it even though online it said they did. So annoying. I bought this instead. That was my first day trying the concealer mind you. It was about two weeks ago ago and I've used it every time that I've went out.

So, this product gets a thumbs up from me. Benefit should probably look into making darker shades, but besides that I love it.
So, that's it for now.
Until Next Time,
Aleema :)

No comments:

Post a Comment