Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Drugstore Haul/ Update

Assalamu wa Alaykum/ Hi,

I've done quite a bit of drugstore shopping over the past few weeks. It's partly because I've been searching for some products that I really wanted to get my hands on. For example the limited edition Wet n' Wild trios that recently came out. I still haven't found them. I've had to go to many drugstores in Manhattan because there aren't that many in my general area so I just decided to take the train and look around there. So this is what I picked up.

- Milani Powder Blushes


These blushes are limited edition. I found them at a local Walgreens. There were four colors but I only ended up picking up 3 and I only kept 2. I gave one to my mother.


This blush is a very soft muted pink color.


This one is the one I gave to my mother. This is another soft pink just a little brighter.


This one another pink that seems more brighter and pinker than the last.The third that I didn't buy is called 'warm petals' and has more brown in it than the others. I may go back for it. These were $6.99 each.
I didn't put up swatches of these blushes because they swatch horribly. I believe that this is due to whatever is holding them in the rose shape. However, they're easy to pick up with a blush or powder brush and look very natural on the skin.

-L'oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder

When I saw the commercial for this foundation I was curious to say the least.  I'm not going to say too much about this foundation because I have a separate review post for it coming next. But, it does go from liquid to powder like it says. I got this in the shade 330 'Classic Tan.' Which is different normally any 'tan' color is too light for me.

-Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Spot Concealer


Everyone raved about the other Instant Age Rewind concealer but I didn't hear much on this product. I got the color Medium/Deep. It's the darkest color but is still too light for me. I suppose I could use it as an under eye concealer. Now, I still need a dark spot concealer.

-Maybelline Colorsenstional Vivids + High shine lipgloss


I'm quite enamored by Maybelline's new Vivid collection hope to get a couple more shades soon.


I got the lipstick in the shade 900 'Hot Plum.' It's a fuschia pink/ purple. The lipgloss is in the color 100 'Raspberry Reflections'.

It's a bright purple shade and I think it goes nicely with the lipstick. So, I like to pair them together a lot. The lipstick was $8.99 and I got the lipgloss half off for about 4 dollars.

-Rimmel Stay Glossy lipgloss


I ended having to take off the plastic that had the name of the shade this lipgloss is. So, I'm not sure what the name is. It's a pretty peachy pink color. This was 3.99 at Target.

-Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer

I went to my local Walgreens and found one of these in the color Nova which is a light pinkish/ lavender color.  It was the only one there. The rest were sold out. That should have been a sign. I bought it for $4.99 the set price  online and in store for Walgreens. It wasn't until I got home that I realized that it had been opened. I returned it and didn't find another Walgreens that sold them for hours. When I did there were only 5 shades and I picked up this one in the color Big Bang. This red is really bright and pigmented. It stays on your lips for a good amount of time.
I ended paying $5.49 for this one and that's without tax. Of course things in Manhattan are more expensive. :/

- Jordana Lip Pencil


I felt I needed a lipliner for the MAC lipstick I recently bought. It tends to smudge a bit. There weren't many sales. I managed to find this lipliner by Jordana for $2.99 I believe. It's in the shade 'Sedona Red.'

- L'oreal Color Caresse Wet Shine Stain


I really wanted to try this. I heard mixed reviews about it. I've heard that they are supposed to be a dupe for the YSL Glossy Stains. This applies wet. It feels like water but then its like it becomes plastic because you can layer it up to get a darker color. I got this in the shade 188 'Coral Tattoo.' 
So, that's it for the haul.

As for the update, I will be studying abroad in Dubai during the upcoming fall semester. I'm leaving next week Friday night. I plan to vlog while I'm there. The vlogs will be posted on my YouTube channel.

Until Next Time,
Aleema  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment