Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Review: L'oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder

Assalamu wa Alaykum/ Hi,

Here's another review for you. This product is has come out very recently and I decided to try it. I don't have that many drugstore foundations and that's partly due to the fact that my local Rite Aid doesn't get the newer products for a while and usually doesn't have my shade. So, I had to get this at Target. If you didn't figure it out from the title, I'm referring to L'oreal's Magic Nude Liquid Powder foundation.

This product was about $12. A little pricey in my opinion. I've noticed that  L'oreal products are on the pricey side of the spectrum.

It comes with .9 fluid ounce which is less than the standard 1 fluid ounce that most foundations usually are. 

This product is extremely liquidy. I know that's not a word but I can't think of anything else to describe it. It's like colored water. Using a brush with this may not be the best way to apply it. In fact, on the bottle it says that it is best applied with your hands.

Before I get into the application, I want to talk about the packaging. It comes in a glass bottle with a very cool ombre effect on it. One big drawback: no pump.

This product really NEEDS a pump. Not just for the sanitary reasons but for the dispensing. It is very hard to get the exact amount that you want out of the bottle. I usually pour out too much or not enough. This is really irritating.



You can make a very big mess if you happen to knock this over while it's open. Actually, I believe Judy from Judytime on YouTube did exactly that in her first impressions video of this product.

I applied it with my hands as is recommended on the bottle. However, I didn't pour it onto the back of my hand like I would normally do any other foundation. I had to pour it into the palm of my hand.

This product looks so natural when it's first applied. Which is what I'm all about. I prefer a natural finish.  It evened out my skin tone. It's light coverage and is not buildable. Within seconds of applying, it takes on a soft powder finish. This is probably the reason why you should not apply too much, it will make you look cakey.

The texture of this foundation threw me at first. I understood that it was a liquid powder but I didn't expect it to feel like a powder in liquid form. I'm not even sure how that's possible but it happened.

Another drawback of this foundation is after a couple hours I began to look very oily.There was a lot of blotting going on. This foundation makes no claims of mattifying the skin. So, if you're oily take note. In the picture below I am wearing the foundation. It has decent coverage. However, I realize that I have to add a little pressed powder to make it last longer otherwise my oil will break it down.


It has SPF 18 and that doesn't seem to affect how it looks in flash photography. There was no white cast.

I'm in the shade 330 'classic tan.' This made me do a double-take in the store. My foundation shades don't usually fall in the 'tan' spectrum. They usually fall into 'caramel, nutmeg.' Things of that nature. Anyway, the shade matched me very well.

So, I think this foundation is okay. Nothing to jump and scream about. It would be better if the price came down. I will continue to use this foundation but I probably won't repurchase.

Until Next Time
Aleema :)

No comments:

Post a Comment