Friday, October 11, 2013

September Favorites

Assalam wa Alaykum/ Hi,

I've been in Dubai for over a month now and I've only posted once...I think. Anyway, I love it here. I've been so busy sightseeing. But, since Eid is coming up (Eid Mubarak!!) I have off from classes and pretty much all my friends left Dubai. -_- At least I'll have some free time to post more. So,I haven't done one of these in a while so I figured why not.

 1) Benefit's Fake up: I have a separate review for this concealer. So, I'm not going to review it again now but I love it. All the evidence of my late nights disappear with this!

2) Revlon Nearly Naked Pressed Powder: I've written about this powder before. This one is in the shade Deep, the darkest shade I believe. I bought this one just before I left NY. I originally had the shade Medium/Deep. I tanned and untanned repeatedly since I've been here. So, I'm glad I picked up Deep before I left. The powder is so soft.

3) Inglot blush palette: I originally made this palette for my trip to the Caribbean. However, I decided to bring it with me to Dubai also. I wore the darkest color on the left for my birthday. I had dinner with friends at the Cheesecake Factory. Sadly, I was slacking in my posts and didn't put up the pictures from that night. Anyway, I have a post up with the blush colors if you're interested.

4) Benefit They're Real mascara: I think I'll love this mascara until I die. I'm so infatuated with it. I just wish that they made a waterproof version of it because the heat and humidity here is really testing my makeup.

5) Revlon's Lash Potion mascara: I really like this mascara it gives my lashes a nice natural pretty look but They're Real is still my favorite.

6) Victoria's Secret palette: I'm not sure if this palette has a name but it is the first palette that I have ever owned and I'm rediscovering it. I have one main fav out of this palette for the moment. It is the mint green eyeshadow in the bottom row. I actually use as a liner in my bottom waterline because I can't find an eyeliner in this color. I've been looking everywhere! The only company that sells it that I'm aware of is Nars and there is no Nars in Dubai. They were out of stock of it in Sephora before I left too. :(  If you know where to find an eyeliner in a similar color let me know!

7) Sephora palette: I don't know the exact name for this one either but it looks like a Sephora shopping bag. I think it's the medium size one. I'm loving the black and brown gel eyeliners in this palette. Gel eyeliner is becoming my thing right now. As you can see I've started to hit pan on the black gel eyeliner.
So, that's it.
P.S. I've been thinking of doing a haul post but I don't know if I should do it as I shop like a 'Dubai Mall haul' or at the when I go back to NY as a 'Dubai Haul.' Let me know what you think.

Until Next Time
Aleema :)

No comments:

Post a Comment