Wednesday, November 13, 2013

October Favorites!

Assalamu wa Alaykum/ Hi,

I know this is a bit late, but I wanted to do it anyway. So here are my favorites for October.
I have a few categories to makeup for being late. They're Makeup, Fragrances, skin care, and food.
Though I have a few favorites from my September Favorites that I still love, I didn't include them in this post.

1) Urban Decay Glinda Palette: Yes, I was one of those people who ran out to get this palette because I was hyped over the movie. At first I had to look for things to use it for but now I reach for it almost everyday. That's one thing I found out about studying since the price of makeup is inflated here, because they have to pay for fees to ship it here, I explore the makeup I already have more. I've been especially loving the Purple and the pink colors. I use them to create a smoky eye. I did notice that this palette was on sale a few days ago for 14 dollars. I'm not even thinking about how much I paid for it.

2) YSL Volpte Shine Lipstick: I recently did a review on this product so, I'm not going to review it again. Bottom line is that I love it.

3) Revlon Lip Butter: I haven't really talked about the Revlon Lipbutters. I got on that bagwagon kind of late I'll admit. I bought two of them before I left NY. Rite Aide was doing a 40% off sale. This color is 075 Lollipop. It's a purplish-pink color with a little bit of sparkle. The other color I bought was 015 Tutti Frutti and that's an orange.

4) Maybelline Colorsensational High Shine Gloss: You'll notice that I've been really into the pink/ purple lip colors. I don't know why but I'm really loving them. I love the way this lip gloss makes my lips look. I feel like the color looks nice with my complexion. This is in the color '100 Raspberry Reflections.'

5) Revlon Kissable balm stain: I've had this one for quite a while and it looks well-loved. It's going to be done soon. This one is in the color '055 Adore.' I have seen the mattes and the lacquers that have come out and I plan to get my hands on them as soon as I return.

So, now on to the fragrances.


I brought have body sprays with me 4 from Bath and Body Works and 1 from Victoria's Secret. These were my favorites. I tried to use them equally but it's obvious that 'Beautiful Day' is my top favorite, then 'Pink Chiffon', and then 'Be Enchanted.'They're all very flowery scents.

Now, on to skin care. I only have one skin care favorite for October.


This is The Breakfast Scrub from Soap and Glory. I bought this at Boots in the mall. I was so excited to go into one because everyone on YouTube is like 'I went into Boots and I picked this up.' Lol Anyway, I bought for about 90 Dirhams. Almost 25 Dollars. A bit expensive in my opinion but I need a scrub. I really like it anyway. It's smells very sweet. It does what it's supposed to. It's one of those rougher scrubs so if you have sensitive skin you may not like that.

Last but certainly not least, Food!


I have been introduced to many new foods and I love it!

1) Lemon and Mint Drink: Love. No explanation needed. If you asked any of my friends here they will tell that I'm obsessed with this stuff, and it's definitely one thing that I'll miss about Dubai. It's become my staple drink.

2) Croissants with Zaataar: Anything that has zaataar has my stamp of approval. Especially, Shish Tawouk! Zaataar is a herb. I don't know much more about it though. 

3) Galazy Flutes: So good! I eat this for breakfast (I know, bad!) and any other time and it's amazing. We have things similar in the US but I like these better.

4) Break: These are more recent love. They were giving free tasters in Carrefour and the Galaxy Flutes weren't on sale anymore. :( But, these taste like Kit Kat's but maybe a little better.

So, That's it.

Until Next Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment