Monday, September 1, 2014

August Favorites!

Assalamu Alaykum/ Hi,



August is gone and September is here! I'm excited because September is my birthday month and I'll be turning 21 on the 14th.  So, there are quite a few things that I have been liking in August and a number of them I have yet to mention here on my blog.




1. NARS Contour blush in Gienah

I am very grateful to NARS for making a contour color that actually shows up on my skin. The darker color seems to have a slight reddish undertone when it's applied to the skin. I use the lighter color to sent my concealer under my eyes.

2. Urban Decay FLUSHED Dual Ended Brush

I originally bought this brush to go with the NARS Contour blush. However, when I used them together I didn't like the results. I prefer to use this brush with blush. It applies more color than Ecotools blush brush I was using before.

3. ELF Complexion brush

This is the brush that I am currently using to apply the NARS Contour blush. Since it's tapered the top is flatter. So, it's very good at making a line for contouring.

4. Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Dark Brown

I've recently started filling in my eyebrows, but I didn't have an eyeshadow color that was dark enough. So, I decided to just buy a product specifically for my eyebrows. The Brow Wiz is raved about by many YouTube gurus for good reason. It fills in your eyebrow but it still looks natural. Also, it comes with a spoolie conveniently placed on the end of it.

5. Benefit's Watt's Up Illuminator

I've had this product for months and have used it on and off. Apparently it's back on. It's very natural and doesn't look overly shimmery or glittery. You can use it over powder and it won't ruin your base.

6. Hourglass veil mineral primer and Smashbox Photo Matte primer

I've been trying  this combo ever since I saw Casey Holmes use it in one of her videos. I apply the Hourglass primer first all over my face but I focus it primarily on my T-zone. Then, I apply the Smashbox primer on the parts of my cheeks where I have huge pores.

So, That's it.
Until Next Time,

Aleema

No comments:

Post a Comment