Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Review: Glamglow Youthmud Tinglexfoliate Treatment

Assalamu Alaykum/ Hi,

Over this past summer my skin has been freaking out! I haven't broken out this badly since I was in the 7th grade. So, I have been looking for a mask to help unclog my pores. Although I've heard some really good things about the Glamglow mud masks I wasn't really looking at them as options because of their price.

A few weeks later I find the this mask, the Glamglow Youthmud Tinglexfoliate, in T.J. Maxx. This wasn't the only one there. They had the supermud as well. Which I believe is the one in the white bottle and they had the one for dark circles. I paid $30 for this instead of the normal $69. $30 is still a lot to spend on a mud mask but considering it's less than half of the original price I am perfectly fine with it.


The box for this is quite large compared to the actual product. In the box you'll find a brochure that talks about all of the different ingredients in the mask and there will also be a small pamphlet with instructions.



The actual product comes in a small metal jar. It's a greenish gray color with tea leaves in it.



Directions:

  • Apply a thin layer to clean face.
  • Stir before use to liquefy.
  • Expect a Tingle-tastic Effect in 10 mins or less.
  • Remove mask with water in Circular motions to exfoliate.
  • Use twice a week or as often as desired.



When I first used this I stirred it. I don't anymore it doesn't really seem necessary to me. What they don't tell you about the 'tingle-tastic' effect is that it is PAINFUL! I know everyone reacts differently to a product, but this stuff made my face feel like it was melting off! I'm not exaggerating at all. Thankfully, as it dries the sensation goes away. I do like that this product is like a 2 in 1. It's a mask and an exfoliator. 



The claims:


  • Leaves skin noticeably radiant and glowing.
  • Activates collagen synthesis.
  • Provides gentle resurfacing exfoliation.
  • Helps to leave skin smoother, brighter, and softer.
  • Provides tighter skin texture and tighter pores.
  • Helps to provide a more youthful appearance.
  • Absorbs impurities without removing natural oils.
  • Helps to protect against free radical damage. 


My skin responded quite well to this mask. My skin did seem to be much smoother, softer, and glowing. Like any other mud mask, when it dries it tightens on your face. However, any reduction of pores that might have happened is only temporary. Although my skin is oily I do not like to be too dry. My skin did not feel overly dry. So thankfully, this product did not dry my skin out. As for a more youthful appearance, I can't really attest to that since I'm still young. I don't suffer from wrinkles or anything like that. I'm not sure if it protects against free radicals or not. I'm not really sure how to tell if it does or not.

Here are a couple photos of me with it on:


So, That's it.

Have you tried any of the Glamglow masks?
Until Next Time,

Aleema

No comments:

Post a Comment