Monday, September 15, 2014

My Sephora Makeover Experience!

Assalamu wa Alaykum/ Hi,

So, to celebrate the fact that my birthday was yesterday I decided to use my complimentary Makeover at Sephora. I recently became a VIB at Sephora over the summer and the welcome kit includes a free complimentary Makeover. It's only one time though. As opposed to VIB Rouge members who can get it for free anytime.



I decided to go out to eat for dinner with my friends and I would get my makeup done during the hour and a half before. In the confirmation I was told to come 10 minutes early. I ended up being only 5 minutes early. It didn't really seem to matter because my skin consultant came at the exact time I was booked for.

She asked me what my skin type was and left to go gather products. Then my makeup artist came and asked what kind of make up I wanted to get done whether it be smoky or bright. I told her bright and that she could do whatever she wanted. I was up for anything. Then she left to go get products.

My skin consultant came back and prepped my skin. My eyes were closed for most of the time so I can't remember everything she used on me. I only remember the things she made a point to tell me that she was using. She told me she was using cleansing wipes from First Aid Beauty and an acne treatment from Clinique. She told that she used an oil as my moisturizer. I was concerned about that messing with the makeup that was going to be put on next. But, it didn't.

My makeup artist came back to color match me to what I believe to be the Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24h. I don't know what shade but I think it's in 500 because I have a sample I'm trying out in that color. I didn't really care for the way this foundation wore on me when I tried it out previously but when she put it on it looked airbrushed.

Anyway, She showed me some purple eyeshadows from Make Up Forever's newly reformulated line and I gave her the go ahead. She spent quite a while focusing on my eye makeup. I don't mind at all because she ended doing a bright smoky eye on me and I know that requires a lot of blending. Also, she used the Benefit's They're Real Pushup liner and it seemed like she was having problems with it. It kept flaking onto my face. Even after my makeup was done I found a black speck here and there. She used the Anastasia Brow Wiz and the Dip Brow Pomade on my eyebrows.

She used a pinkish peachy eyeshadow from MUFE on my cheeks as a highlighter and it didn't emphasis my pores. She used NARS blush in Seduction on my cheeks. Lastly she used one of the new NARS lipsticks in the color Brigette I believe. She set my face using one of the Urban Decay setting sprays.

Here are some photos: I apologize my selfie taking skills were horrible that day!


After I ate. Some of my lipstick came off of course:


This one is after I returned. Was I wearing lipstick? Because I can't tell:


So, That's it.
Have had a makeover at Sephora? Did you enjoy it?

Until Next Time,

Aleema :)

No comments:

Post a Comment