Monday, October 6, 2014

September 2014 Favorites!

Assalamu wa Alaykum/ Hi,

September is gone and October is here! So, it's favorites time. I don't mind October it hasn't gotten too cold yet but I can feel it coming. Actually, the weather is quite bi-polar here.

Anyway, I'll be posting a corresponding YouTube video on my channel that should be up by Thursday if not sooner. It's pretty much done. I'll link it when I post it. I upload weekly on my channel. Now, on to the favorites.

This month I haven't really bought anything. I did for my birthday and I have a birthday haul up if you want to see what I bought. But, I got them at the end of the month and can't really call them favorites. So, this months favorites is going to be smaller than usual.


1) Glamglow Youthmud Tinglexfoliate Treatment

I really like this mask as you'd probably know if you've read my review on it. It's very effective. I love it minus the burning sensation of course. Actually I used it this morning and it didn't burn as bad. It was a tingle like is supposed to happen.

2) Foundation Samples: NARS Sheer Glow, Lancome Teint Idole Ultra, BECCA Ultimate Coverage Creme

I'm currently on the hunt for a fall/winter foundation. My Doublewear is too dark for me. I got the Sheer glow second. I apply with a beauty blender and a brush. I lean more towards the beauty blender because I adore it. It's medium to full coverage. It has a satin finish which I like. Sometimes being matte is not the best look although I prefer it to being dewy. I have the shade Macao

I got the Lancome Teint Idole Ultra first. I prefer to apply this foundation with a brush as opposed to a sponge/beauty blender. I find that I tend to get very shiny when I apply it with my beauty blender. This is also a medium to full coverage foundation. I have the shade 500.

I got the BECCA Ultimate Coverage Creme last. On a whim because I cannot be in Sephora and not get anything. I have the shade Tobacco and I feel like this on matches me the best. I normally go slightly darker with my foundation because no one likes that ashy look! But, I found that this foundation is right on with the color my skin currently is. So, this is most likely the foundation I'll end up buying.

3) Colourpop Cosmetics Eyeshadows

I showed this eyeshadow in my birthday haul. I've only used two of them in my Eid Makeup Tutorial. But, I can already tell that I love them! I've used the shades 'Meow' and 'Sequin.' I have swatches of all 6 colors that I purchased in my Birthday haul.

4)NARS Contour Blush

I've had this contour blush in my last favorites and I still love it. I have it in the shade Gienah.

5) Elf Complexion Brush

This the brush that I use with the contour blush. It's kind of tapered at the top is it's good for getting in the hollow of your cheeks.

6) Urban Decay NAKED FLUSHED Brush

I originally bought this brush to use with the NARS contour blush. However, I prefer it with normal blush. It picks up the color and blends it so nicely. Way better than how Ecotools blush brush was performing.

7) BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector in Rose Gold

I've had this highlighter for a while, but didn't use it because I felt that it was appropriate for fall and winter. This highlighter is buildable and that's what I love about it. It looks so natural and you can keep applying as much as you want until you reach the desired intensity. Also, it doesn't emphasize my pores. So, I'll be trying to get my hands on the new one, Champagne gold, as well as Topaz and Opal.

So, That's it.
What products have you been loving?

Until Next Time,

Aleema :)

No comments:

Post a Comment